Danny Gidon Gold
City University of New York Graduate School of Journalism: M.A. in Journalism December 2010
- Concentration: International, Recipient of Chancellor’s Fellowship
Tufts University: B.A. in English and Political Science May 2005
New York Film Academy: Intensive Course August 2008
- 4 week intensive digital journalism class focusing on editing and cinematography
VICE News, Correspondent and Producer, New York October 2013 – September 2016
- As part of VICE News original launch team, worked on full-length documentaries and breaking news video dispatches while honing unique VICE News style, as well as writing features articles.
- Oversaw all elements of production, including pitching, pre-production research, reporting in the field, and editing.
- Reported on the fight against ISIS, Ebola, the 2014 Gaza war, the drug war in Latin America, and the 2016 presidential election.
- Produced and served as a correspondent for pieces on VICE on HBO and Viceland TV.
The Wall Street Journal, Stringer, New York March 2012 – October 2013
- Covered various stories for Greater New York Section and National Desk, including crime, politics, and breaking news.
- Contributed coverage of breaking national stories such as Boston Bombing, Hurricane Sandy and Sandy Hook massacre.
The New York Post, Reporter, New York May 2011 – February 2012
- Covered various stories for Metro Desk, including crime, politics, and features.
- Reported from courthouses, press conferences, jails and streets all over New York City.
ARTE (French News Channel), Assistant Producer, New York January 2011 – May 2011
- Assisted New York based foreign correspondent with all aspects of stories.
- Found sources, set up meetings, helped with editing process, researched stories and recommended stories.
Greenbox Films, Production Associate, New York June 2010 – March 2011
- Assisted with all aspects of running a production company from reading scripts, brainstorming documentary ideas, and setting up screenings.
Bureau for International Reporting, Production Associate, New York June 2010 – December 2010
- Assisted with research, transcription, story development, and editing for independent producers who contributed pieces to PBS Newshour, Time.com, and NYTimes.com
· 2013 International Reporting Fellow at the International Center For Journalist focused on Myanmar
· 2015 Webby Award Winner for Best Online Documentary Series for The Fight Against Ebola
· 2016 Webby Award Nominee for Best Online Documentary Series for Gangs of El Salvador
· Reported from Trinidad, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Liberia, Thailand, Myanmar, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Israel, Gaza & the West Bank, Turkey, Iraq, Syria, Central Africa Republic, Burundi, Rwanda and all over the United States
· Completed Battlefield Medical Response: Wilderness First Aid training as provided by Reporters Instructed in Saving Colleagues, as well Hostile Environment Training by Global Journalist Security
· Frequent participant on panels and talks shows regarding new media and conflict reporting